Monday 25 February 2013

The Old Souk

Sigh, this place I found enchanting! I only had a few hours to spare this time but it is defintiely a place I could idle a whole day with my camera! The old souk is the oldest souk in kuwait, everything seemed to be reasonably priced so I did not feel the need to haggle here, although I think most do!
  It was great to just watch the locals go about their daily business, everybody was so relaxed. Again there was a vast array of stalls all housed in different sections, here there were also substantial fish and meet markets, alongside lots of date and spice stalls....all with very strong aroma's, which all adds to the atmosphere! Part of the Market is housed in a charming building in which stalls are housed in a small room each with its own large, heavy wooden shutter.
  I did not see any westerners here, at first it was a little intimidating but I soon felt I was just a part of the bustling, everybody was happy for me to take pictures and I felt most people were welcoming! A handful of locals struck up conversation and were only too pleased to tell me about local items being sold or to ask me questions about London and what I was doing kuwait, I am in love! I hope to make it back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment