Saturday 9 March 2013

Ajmal Arabian Stud Farm- Arabian Horse Farm

Today I visited Ajmal Arabian Stud Farm, owned by Mr. Mohammad Al Marzouk. With little interest in horses and having not researched the farm at all my expectations of today were low; I was more than pleasantly surprised. Mr. Mohammad Al Marzouk states that his" purpose is to make Ajmal Arabian Stud a sanctuary, a place of serenity dedicated to the perpetuation of beauty and excellence." When I arrived it felt so peaceful, it was the first time in weeks I have not been able to hear traffic! The farm was beautiful both inside (inside looked like a home catalogue and was full of hand crafted goods, It was like Arab decor done with taste, I wanted to own everything, there was a map on the ceiling, sigh!) and out and the animals and land were all extremely well kept and everything was CLEAN- Kuwait itself is filthy so this was refreshing!
 We sat in a viewing area and the horses paraded in front of us. Each with their own little performance! The horses are a little smaller than the normal jumping horses we are used to seeing in the UK and they were much, much more graceful! Each horse was so full of character, at points I was laughing out loud at their behaviour, they were all so very proud. They were just so god damn pretty :-), I could have watched them for hours!

Arabian horses are bred for both their appearance and character, as the Arabian horse was once a companion to the Bedouin people they were bred for there good temperament- they could not be spending all their time with bad tempered little rogues! The Characteristics they say they look for are - a great heart, a prideful spirit, abundant charisma, cute ears, expressive eyes, a very well arched neck and flying movement- they say Arabian horses should "fly without wings"........uh oh westlife you've been busted!haha!
  The farm also put on a very impressive lunch spread for us, I felt like I was at a banquet! I had lobster, salads, good cheese-something I'm missing- there was a mini chocolate fountain and I got to try a whole array of Arabian deserts :-)! All in all an amazing day, for all the senses!









No comments:

Post a Comment