Tuesday 5 March 2013

Prayer call- Quality control?!!

So after bolding stating that I actually enjoy the prayer call I have discovered that the skills of each Muezzin (the dude that calls prayer) are vastly varied.The words of the call to prayer normally stay roughly the same however the rhythm and melody change according to the Muezzins personal style; apparently each Muezzin is selected solely on his ability to recite the Adhan (call to prayer), but I think maybe they are short of people that can sing in kuwait haha.Whilst most prayer calls are indeed beautiful I have been in the city a number of times now and I have borne witness to the most horrific sounding prayer call, when the call stopped it gave me the same feeling of relief I experience when I have been listening to a nieghbours car alarm for 20 minutes and it finally stops! Yikes! I think prior to moving in to any property in Kuwait I will make sure I hang around for a little listen of the local prayer call!

No comments:

Post a Comment