Saturday 2 March 2013

Park Life- Human Nature?!

So over my five day national day holidays I hunted down salmiya park- with the distinct lack of pavements and no I phone, this was harder than it sounds, this was actually my third attempt! When I found the park, i'm not going to lie, I was a little dissappointed, it was a reasonable size for a park in kuwait but it was not big enough to absorb the constant whir of the traffic and it was a little arid with only a small variety of plants, not quite the sanctuary I was looking for!
 Despite my intial dissappointment, soon enough I was fully engaged in people watching, it was like being in any park in london-with lots of women in abaya's and a few shisha pipes thrown in to the mix- there were men playing cricket and football, children skating and just generally making too much noise, women "power walking", people running  (I think I would get dizzy running round and round this park; it must take perhaps 3 minutes to run round the perimeter), people having BBQ's, it was great! It seems park culture is some sort of universal human behaviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment